Monday, February 13, 2017

Another set of new watercolors


This is another set of watercolors. This set has 36 colors and I wanted to see what happened when I had so many beautiful colors to choose from.  I noticed that I was worried about making a 'mistake' or doing something 'wrong' when I was painting.  I am thinking of drawing over this picture today and then paint over that and see what happens.  It's better for me not to be precious about these pictures. Just let them be a place to try new things and play.

6 comments:

  1. m...these watercolor faces are so beautiful, expressive..amazed at the evolution of your drawing of them, color and features...wow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Deb and thank you so much for commenting.It means so much to me to know that you are out there looking at the images. I love drawing everyday. It makes me feel so much better and it getting me to start doing my video again. YAY art!

      Delete
    2. It also really helps to hear from you because I felt like this drawing was a failure! Oy vey- you know we are so crazy - how we talk to ourselves... but it is great to have people around to share another perspective with me.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I agree with Deb.It's great to see what you are experimenting with. And I love this one especially.
    What brand of paints are you using now? Cakes or tubes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are called Angora watercolors from Germany. I bought them in a store here, but they sell them on Amazon. It is cakes- I got 36 colors- WOO HOO! It is so great to be drawing everyday. It really changes my life. Thanks for commenting and let me know that my wonderful friends are out there.

      Delete