Sunday, June 29, 2014

Things I have been thinking about

I have a new class that I am teaching in the fall.  I have to create the syllabus this summer, so  I have been taking time to find materials that interest me in order to develop the class. Researching materials for the class has been such an exciting process- leading me to read articles and watch films that have been fascinating.  At the moment, all roads have brought me to the amazing filmmaker Chris Marker. Watching his films is a bit of work.  They aren't so much 'entertainment' as much as brilliant documents that demand complete attention of my mind and body.  He is brilliant and complex and prolific.
On a lighter note though he really loved animals- especially cats and owls who often showed up in his films.  Here is one of his short videos called 'Cat Listening to Music'



No comments:

Post a Comment